From a hotel room in Murten, Switzerland, this is number 066. I am for WordCamp Switzerland and I‘m very excited to meet with old friends again and make new!
My presentation is called: WooCommerce, but Faster! Kinda like the me driving on the Autobahn to get here. Well, sorta. Just trying to bridge this thing here 🤪.
Anyway, enough about me, let‘s talk WordPress. A bit.
🗞️ WordPress News
The most obvious thing first:
Most of you will already know this, but my reason to highlight it here is the following. About 4 months ago, I asked on Twitter how many folks out there were using the Site Editor with Blocks versus “Nah, I’m not touching that“. And that was clearly pointing to the latter. This week I asked a similar question and it was great to see so many of you are actually working with the Site Editor now. The reason that excites me is that WordPress 6.2 will make that experience a whole lot better.
You‘ve probably guessed it, I am quite bullish on the Site Editor & the Blocks.
- If you are looking to follow a bunch of WordPress folks, I‘ve got you covered. Either on Github (by proxy of Sam Munoz) or on the Twitters .
- Low-Hanging Web Performance Fruits: A Cheat Sheet
- TTFB‘s definition will change slightly. And you should learn why.
That second one is really important!
💡 Interesting Finds
- I found myself in the market for a YouTube summarizer and stumbled across this list.
🔆 WordPress Highlight
- My WordPress highlight of the week is this lovely thing called the WordPress Product Directory. Not the official .org thing, but something with a different twist.
What I am reading
Nothing this week, sorry. Just a lot of traffic signs across the Autobahn.
My bonus for this week is a related to the Interesting Find of this week. It a tool called Subvert. It generates subtitles, chapters, and summaries of videos in seconds with the help of OpenAI.
That’s it for this week’s Ramblings. Thanks for reading!
Leave a Reply