Welcome all to part 2 of 2023. Well, at least from an Inside WordPress newsletter perspective, obv 😉. I’m back from a wonderful roadtrip vacation with my family in Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia and Austria. I had a blast, and a much needed rest. I’m super excited for what the rest of the year has in store!
Anyway, it’s time for number 83 of Inside WordPress. Hope you enjoy it!
Want to get in front of 870+ dedicated WordPress friends? Check out my sponsoring options and reach out to me if you think we can be a good fit!
🗞️ Inside WordPress News
Here’s what I saw happening these past weeks:
- I’m pretty happy with WordPress 6.3. Saw some nice performance improvements across the board on live sites. Three things I want to highlight:
I love how we’re seeing these types of content more and more on .org. We’ve gone without for too long given how valuable these are for people still fresh and learning about all things WordPress. Kudus to all involved!
- Ian Svoboda published a tutorial of how to easily set up Webpack for a WordPress theme. Easily, even.
- Patricia Brun Torre published a great article on why she contributes to the WordPress Project.
- My good friends Joost and Marieke joined Post Status as equity partners. I’m excited to see a new impuls happening at Post Status. They are the goto WordPress Business Community, after all.
- Did you know there’s a WordPress plugin that allows you to scan the impact of a plugin on your site? I use it all the time together with Query Monitor.
- Their webinar will focus Core Web Vitals like how to improve your INP scores (because it’s time you start to focus on INP). The webinar will be loaded with smart strategies to help you find the fastest version of your website.
Signing up is free and can be done right here. You don’t want to be missing this one!
- Speaking of improving INP, be sure to also check out this debugger assisting you to do this.
My favorite performance optimizing tools in WordPress:
- Best Front-end optimization plugin
- Cleaning up WordPress + script manager
- Cloud based performance optimizations
🔆 Inside WordPress Highlight
- Human Made is organizing their second WordPress & AI online conference. Their first one was very successful, so I am very confident this one be as well. Registration is free.
Some of my favorite WordPress tools:
- The most versatile and accessible form solution for WordPress
- LocalWP, the easiest to use local dev solution
💡 Interesting Finds
- Figma really has taken over as the defacto design tool lately, hasn’t it? With that in mind, this HTML to Design solution for Figma is just making the case to switch even harder.
📖 What I am reading
Again. Re-reading parts of Do Hard Things: Why We Get Resilience Wrong and the Surprising Science of Real Toughness.
One of the last bonuses I shared here was a (selfish) mention of the service I’m building together with Barry. We discovered we needed to find a new name as it was too similar an existing tool, so we’ve rebranded to ScanFully. And you know what? I’m happy we had to as I’m even more happy with this name. You know, given what we’re planning to do.