..and just like that, we’re at number 69. Nice. I don’t know about you, but these last weeks sure do seem to fly by faster, and faster.
It’s been a very busy week for me with lots of things happening everywhere, but I am especially proud of myself of finding time to produce my first published YouTube video for my channel. It’s ”just” a welcome video, but hopefully gives you a feeling of what I have in store for you there.
Want to get in front of 650+ dedicated WordPress friends? Check out my sponsoring options and reach out to me if you think we can be a good fit!
🗞️ Inside WordPress News
Here’s what I saw happening this past week:
- Ronald Huereca published an interesting article about Block Transforms and why you should use them.
First time I read about them, and Ron explains it well!
- Sybre Waaijer pointed out in a Twitter thread that we have options within PHP to include an external library without having to revert to using Composer.
I’ll be honest, I often forget about this. I usually share with folks looking to solve the problem of loading the same library twice Coen Jacobs’ Mozart project . But, SPL Autoloaders are well worth your time to check out.
- I received lots of interesting tips on my What’s the best WordPress advise you’ve ever heard tweet. Check ’m out !
- Stumbled upon a cool tool called Performance Budget Calculator . It allows you to set targets. You can then set performance budgets for assets and core web vitals to optimize speed and user experience.
Give it a try , it’s pretty cool!
- Speaking of performance tools, I’ve done some research over the last couple of weeks after WordCamp Switzerland. Based on the questions and feedback I’ve received, I’ve deceided to start building a tool that solves the problem I highlighted in my presentation. Vague? Sure, but this will for sure be followed up with more information later.
🔆 Inside WordPress Highlight
- One of my favorite WordPress plugins is Gravity Forms. And there are great extensions for it available from third party developers. Gravity Wiz is one of those, and I love them. They wrote an interesting use-case of how to build a mortgage calculator, schedule showings, and create a home appraisal form .
These are the blog posts I love to see!
💡 Interesting Finds
- We all know that any news we read anywhere is biased by default. That is just human nature, no matter how hard we try to avoid it. But what if you could digest the news in a neutral way? Well, the Union Browser team has released something for you in store !
- Ian Nutall released Cuppa . It’s a free tool to generate SEO optimized blog posts. But, just as a hint, a suggestion. Not like the whole thing fully written out.
What I am reading
I am still reading Do Hard Things: Why We Get Resilience Wrong and the Surprising Science of Real Toughness . Really is a very intriguing book.
My bonus for you this week is actually a bonus for next week. You see, Atarim is hosting their free Agency Web Summit . I’ll be speaking on a panel there as well, so you should definitely check it out. Lots of value to be found in the various presentations. Did I mention it’s totally free ?!
That’s it for this week’s edition of Inside WordPress. Thanks for reading!